Cray, "Major André and the Three Captors", 374-375.
26. Columbian Centinel, January 21, 1801.
27. Park, Diary, November 30, 1800.
28. Specific titles in her diary include Pleasures of the Imagination,
by Mark Akenside; Seasons, by James Thompson; Nature and Art,
by Elizabeth Inchbald; Caroline of Lichtfield: a novel, by Isabelle
de Montolieu; A comparative view of the state and faculties of man
with those of the animal world, by John Gregory; Sermons on the
Christian Doctrine as Received by the different denominations of Christians,
by Richard Price.
29. Park, Diary, May 15, 1801.
30. Park, Diary, January 14, 1801.